Frequently Asked Questions

Why choose Canada?

Canada is recognized around the world as a peace-loving country with friendly, polite people. Canada’s low population and multicultural diversity offer many economic opportunities. Free healthcare and government benefits contribute to people’s quality of life and high standard of living.

How to visit Canada?

Visitors require a valid passport (CANNOT be within 6 months of expiration) and either a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to enter. 

Requirements may vary depending on the purpose of your visit and your country of origin. We recommend visiting the Government of Canada website for more information about travel guidelines for your country: 

Regarding Canada’s pandemic protection measures, all travellers, whether entering Canada by air, land, rail or marine vessel, will need to use the ArriveCan app before entry. You can learn more about it here.

Do I need an Immigration Consultant to process my Canadian Immigration Application?

No, you don’t. However, you will have to become familiar with the country’s immigration policies and procedures and know which forms to fill out. The rules for the various provincial programs can be difficult to understand. 

Unfortunately, without professional guidance, there will be a lot of reading and extra work involved on your part. If your past applications haven’t been successful, you might want to try again using a professional consultant.

How to choose an immigration or citizenship representative?

You must ensure the individual or company you select is properly AUTHORIZED to carry out your work. Failure to do so could result in your application being denied. 

As members of the CICC and CAPIC organizations, Volte Immigration is fully authorized to represent you and your family. Remember, only authorized representatives are allowed to charge you for their services. 

It’s okay to ask lots of questions of your immigration representative. Make sure you understand what they will provide you for their fee. And don’t trust anyone who says they can guarantee you or your family Canadian citizenship.

How to apply for Canadian Citizenship?

You can begin right away if you are applying for a group or your family online.

An authorized consultant such as Volte Immigration will start on your case immediately! You can also apply for citizenship in writing at any time if any of the following apply: 

  • You are a parent or guardian applying for a minor (under 18)
  • You served with the Canadian Armed Forces
  • A Canadian citizen has adopted you
  • You are a stateless person born to a Canadian parent

The eligibility criteria can be confusing. Volte Immigration is happy to advise you through the entire process.

Where do I apply for a work permit?

You can apply online through the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website or by visiting a Canadian consulate in person. It is possible to apply by mail in certain countries. Volte Immigration can help guide you through the necessary steps. 

How to apply to work in Canada?

First, you’ll need to establish that you meet all criteria to be allowed into the country. For example, a criminal record may prevent entry. You have several options if you are a non-resident looking for work in Canada. You can immigrate, get a temporary work permit, or become eligible for work as a student. 

What type of work are you interested in pursuing? Volte Immigration can steer you in the right direction. 

How can I sponsor my parents or grandparents?

You have a couple of different options for bringing your family to Canada. There are two programs:

The Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP)

The Parents and Grandparents Program operates like a lottery where successful candidates are selected from the applications received. Volte Immigration will ensure your sponsorship application is properly filled out and submitted in time for consideration. 

The SuperVisa Program

The application for a SuperVisa is similar to that of a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). The SuperVisa allows parents and grandparents to visit their family in Canada multiple times over a 10-year-period for stays of up to 2 years.

Volte Immigration Services can discuss the best options based on your family’s circumstances. 

What are the requirements to study in Canada?

You’ll require a Study Permit if you wish to enroll in academic or professional training in Canada if the program lasts 6 months or more. 

We recommend applying online for a study permit through the IRCC or at your nearest visa application centre (VAC); however, some people may apply for a study permit at their Canadian port of entry.

You’ll need a temporary resident visa (TRV) or an electronic travel authorization (eTA) to enter the country. A TRV or eTA is automatically issued to overseas students whose study permits are already approved. 

Be prepared to present documentation on your past grades and competency in either English or French when enrolling in post-secondary courses. Volte Immigration can walk you through all the necessary eligibility requirements. 

Fill-out an assessment form to start your journey with us. The initial assessment is FREE!